How To Get A UAE Golden Visa?
What is a UAE Golden Visa?
The term “golden visa” in Layman’s words, means citizenship by investment. The ones who are talented in skills, the ones who are willing to invest, are the ones that are the top priority of getting accepted for this visa. Because in one way or other, they are investing for the improvement of the country.
The golden visa is also referred to as golden residency because it means that you will be living and helping in the development of the country, whose golden visa you are trying to get.
According to the renewed law in May 2019, UAE is now offering visas to people which will provide long-term residence, varying from 5 to 10 years as opposed to the normal 2 years residency Visa.
What does the Government have to say about this new Policy?
Dubai’s current ruler, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum has announced in 2019 that people will be granted a 10-year residency by UAE for certain professions, naming it as “UAE Golden Visa”. It includes entrepreneurs, capitalists ventures, specialized degree holders, healthcare professionals, engineers, and specialized researchers and scientists.
Furthermore, he added that these visas will also be available for “first high school students in the country with their families”. And a rough translation from one of his tweets says “We want such minds and talents to remain to continue with us in the process of development and achievement of the country”
After this announcement was made, many people applied and were granted this golden opportunity. Till November 2019, it was recorded that already 2500 people have taken an advantage of this new policy and more are applying every day. Although pandemic had a slight impact on this policy, UAE has successfully upheld its reputation by taking part in the experimental vaccination process.
Are you Eligible to apply for a Golden Visa?
You are eligible to apply for a Golden visa if you come in any of the categories below:
- Ph.D. Holders- These individuals should be holding Ph.D. from one of the top 500 universities from around the globe.
- Doctors- UAE is allowing all categories of doctors to apply as they will help in fighting the pandemic.
- Researchers and scientists
- Inventors- Must be holding a patent
- UAE based Physicians
- UAE-based Engineers related to the field of programming, electronics, engineering, Biotechnology, and electricity
- Top achievers of accredited universities in the country, scoring 3.8 CGPA or above
- Holders of specialized degrees in artificial intelligence, virology, epidemiology, or big data
- UAE High school top achievers along with their families
- Investors investing at least 10 million Dirhams will qualify for a 10-year visa, however, entrepreneurs and special talents will be granted a 5-year residency
How does this Visa work?
The visa offers a 5 and 10-year residency on a renewable basis. As long as you meet all the visa requirements, your visa can be renewed for 10 years when it is about to expire.
All eligible professionals will require a UAE employment contract.
How to Apply?
The most important part is how to apply for this Visa. The method is really easy.
- You have to create an account on business.goldenvisa.ae
- Once your account is verified, log in and apply for the nomination process.
- Submit your application
- It may take 10 or up to 30 days for the application to be reviewed.
- If your nomination is successful, you will receive a link that will require you to upload your required documents.
- But, if your nomination is not approved, you have a chance to apply again after 90 days.
For more information, log on to the UAE official Visa website https://u.ae/.