Steps to Renew a Trade License in Dubai
A trade license is the legal document that allows you to legitimately run a business in Dubai. Obtaining a trade license is one the major steps of company formation in the UAE, but your work is not over once you receive your license for the first time.
The UAE government mandates that the trade license must be renewed each year. Failure to renew the license before the stipulated deadline date can result in heavy penalties, fines, and even revocation of your visa in Dubai.
Therefore, it is extremely important as a Dubai business owner to make sure that your trade license is always valid, and to renew it before it expires each year.
How to Renew a Trade License in Dubai
The Dubai government understands that company license renewal can be a lengthy and time-consuming process. Hence, it has created a process for trade license renewal in Dubai that is quite simple and straightforward.
There are two options to renew a business trade license in Dubai:
- Online Renewal
- Physical Renewal
1. Online Dubai Trade License Renewal
The Department of Economic Development (DED) has launched an online portal through which companies can renew their trade license instantly. This has made the process of Dubai business trade license renewal extremely quick and easy.
Here are the steps for renewing a license via online portal:
- Ensure you have the valid tenancy contract attested with Ejari.
- Submit your personal and company documents to the DED (Department of Economic Development).
- Get approval from the DED.
- Create an online portal account.
- Provide personal legal documents for verification in order to activate the online account
- Apply for online trade license renewal.
- Pay the fees as per the payment voucher given by DED.
- Receive your renewed license.
As soon as the payment is cleared and all documents are submitted, you will receive the renewed document almost instantly.
2. Physical Dubai Trade License Renewal
If you choose to renew your company license in Dubai by physically submitting the application to the Department of Economic Development (DED), then the steps will be as follows:
- Collect all your relevant personal and business documents.
- Make sure that your office tenancy contract is valid, if not, extend that first.
- Submit the documents to the DED.
- Get approval from the DED.
- Get your license renewal voucher from them.
- Pay the trade license fees.
- Collect your renewed license from the DED.
Once the required documents have been submitted and the fee is paid on time, you will receive your renewed license instantly.
Documents Required for Company License Renewal in Dubai
Before you begin the renewal application process, you must have certain documents valid and ready to present. These documents are:
- Valid office tenancy contract
- Approved registration certificate from Ejari (Dubai Land Department)
- Completed (BR/1) form
- Photocopy of existing trade license
- Passport copies of all stakeholders
You cannot renew your license without a valid tenancy contract that is duly attested by Ejari, so be sure to renew your contract before kickstarting the company license renewal process. Moreover, make sure that all other documents are accurate, up to date, and valid.
Easy Trade License Renewal in Dubai
The process to renew business trade license in Dubai is fairly straightforward. However, it can get complicated if you are not familiar with the formal procedures and customs of the Emirates. Furthermore, failure to renew the license on time can lead to severe repercussions, such as penalties and blacklisting of your company.
Blue Crayon Consulting can help you. Our team of company formation experts and PRO officers will manage all the paperwork and legal formalities of your business, including the company license renewal process. We will ensure that your license is renewed in a timely manner, so it is one less thing to stress about. Contact us to learn more!